cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail occasionally relayed to the wrong E-mail box

mmoss80
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Unity 11.5 and I have Voicemail setup to hit a Windows Virtual Relay Server to send the voicemail to their E-mail. The problem is it occasionally relays to a Distro group for no reason I've been able to fine. I found their E-mails attached to the distro group as proxy addresses so I removed those. If I run a trace in Exchange Online I can see where Unity did E-mail the distro group and not their E-mail address.

I've looked in all of the settings I can think of and verified the call came into the correct extension and mailbox, but occasionally it just send the voicemail to the distro group. The distro group is attached to a different extension and they are in the distro group, but that shouldn't cause it to mail the distro group to begin with.

Is there somewhere I can look at the logs for this or does anyone have any idea's as to why it might be happening? I've set them back to just keep their VM on their phones for now, but need to get this worked out. I was using Unified Communications prior to setting them to relay, but with the basic auth being depreciated by Microsoft I'm back to using the relay.

4 Replies 4

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

@mmoss80 Use link below for instructions on how to set up SMTP traces/collecting SMPT logs. Make sure to reset the traces back to default after collecting logs to avoid CPU spikes on the server. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jah3V1E0Vwc

Also, under the user configuration page in Unity Connection, go to edit > Message Actions, and make sure the relay address is not a group email address. See example below. 

TechLvr_0-1666283216599.png

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Exchange Online Modern Auth (OAuth 2.0) is supported in Unity Connection 12.5(1)SU2+, although I recommend 14 to avoid a couple defects.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/12x/unified_messaging/b_12xcucumgx/b_12xcucumgx_chapter_01.html

That said, my guess is this is a multiple forward scenario (ie more than one Diversion header). The default behavior of CUC is to use the first, not last, redirecting header (lowest Diversion header). There is a setting to flip this around but it’s all-or-nothing; I have only needed to change it twice in my career for customer-specific reasons.

Do you know if Oauth was ever added to Ver 11? We were in the process of upgrading, but are now being acquired by a 3rd party so it is on hold for now unfortunatly

No, it has not been back ported to 11.x or 12.0.