Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP & PSTN on same terminal.

vmorozan96
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

We are designing a new HQ for an organization.

I was wondering if it is possible, using a CUCM, and cisco terminals (e.g. CP-8845, DX-80 etc...) to make the terminal work on the VoIP network, our intern telephony network, and the PSTN.

For example for the VoIP network i will just use normal numbers like 8xxxxxx and for other networks to create some route-patterns and translations pattern I think, so when you put for example "1"xxxxxxxxxx before a number, it will know that is a number in PSTN and forward it, and translate it in xxxxxxxxxx. And for the internal telephony network the same.

I don't even know if this is possible, and I would appreciate your opinions, as well as your ideas of how it needs to be done.

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I strongly suggest you reach out to a Cisco partner with voice specializations, or a reputable consultant for assistance with this, it's in your best interest to have someone knowledgeable design and configure your solution to avoid problems down the line. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You should reach a Cisco Partner, below you may find the Cisco Partner Locator Link:

https://locatr.cloudapps.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do
George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes that's possible and there are lots of ways to do it. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I strongly suggest you reach out to a Cisco partner with voice specializations, or a reputable consultant for assistance with this, it's in your best interest to have someone knowledgeable design and configure your solution to avoid problems down the line. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You should reach a Cisco Partner, below you may find the Cisco Partner Locator Link:

https://locatr.cloudapps.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do
George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies