Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Admin on 8821 Phone not accessable

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I have an 8821 Wifi Phone registered to our 12.5 CUCM. Phone firmware is sip8821.11-0-5SR3-2. I can configure the phone (device settings, line settings etc.), but I cannot access web admin page. When I lookup the Admin Guide, it says https://ip-of-phone:8443, but this is not working. I did all the settings under device specific configuration, but its not working:

2021-06-04 13_26_33-Window.jpg

Any suggestions?

René

5 Replies 5

That's the  configured required on device page and you should be able to get the web page. Did you applied  config on phones  after enabling the web admin  ? Did you tried restating the phones ?

Response Signature

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

I applied, I reseted, I turned it off and on again. Nothing helped. I can access the default webpage where I can see the network statistics. But cannot access it via port 8443.

Cisco IP Phone Administration Page

Cisco phones that support Wi-Fi have special web pages that are different from the pages for other phones. You use these special web pages for phone security configuration when Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) is not available. Use these pages to manually install security certificates on a phone, to download a security certificate, or to manually configure the phone date and time.

These web pages also show the same information that you see on other phone web pages, including device information, network setup, logs, and statistical information.

Unfortunately I dont have any 8821 phones with me now to test this. I will be able to test this next week. or some one else from the community will provide more informations.

Response Signature

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Rene Mueller wrote:

2021-06-04 13_26_33-Window.jpg

The Web Admin field is only half of the solution. 

Scroll further down for "Phone Book Web Access" field and select "Allow Admin".  

There is no "Phone Book Web Access" field for 8821 phones, but I can see this field for 7925 phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: