cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What happened to the TrnsfVM softkey in CUCM?

Kenneth McCoig
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all-

This past weekend we replaced our primary phone system (CME 9.1) with CUCM 10.5. On the old CME system we had a softkey I could assign to our front office admins to let them transfer a call directly to VM rather than make them wait for ring no answer forward to voicemail. Its called TrnsfVM and they use all the time. I was setting up the softkey template and it appears this functionality is gone. What are my options?

I searched this forum and found a setup guide for something similar but its from 2006 and very out of date. Is there any other solution or am I just missing something?

Thanks,

-Kenny

10 Replies 10

mionan
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you are configuring the correct call state for this softkey. This still shows as a valid softkey feature in the configuration guide.

On our old CME we had it set to softkey state connected. I just double checked: when I look in softkey template configuration I checked all the different call states and there is no TrnsfVM or anything similar.

Hi Kenneth.

What you have to add to softkey template is on both On hook and ringing in is Immediate divert, that will have the same behaviour of TrnsfVM

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

[+5]for Carlo,

iDivert options which also act as same functionality, so soft-key template would be in “Rininging” and Connected” State or as per you requirement. When call come to any user and user presses the iDivert softkey button from his/her it will  divert the call to VM.but this feature has one issue that when users is not at there desk to hit iDivert and it will not act the same like trnsferVm does complete way.

AFAIK this can be done PLK under the softkey template. let me check in my lab  .

Br,

Nadeem

PS;Please rate all useful post

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi Nadeem.

Thanks for nice rating :)

I cheked also in my lab, and IDivert reflects usrer's needs and can be activate also in a multi line phone.

Cheers

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Something to note on the 8861 phone the Immediate Divert (iDivert) softkey shows as 'Decline' instead of 'iDivert'. This is not a huge problem, just more of an annoyance.

Thank you for the information. I tried this a few times to make sure it was configured correctly and still it doesn't work.

Let me make sure you understand the requirements: On our old CME when the secretary answers incoming calls she would screen for sales calls. Rather than disturb the end users with a ringing phone she would press the softkey TrnsfrVM, then enter the extension of the person that was to recieve the VM, then press Transfer again to transfer the call to that persons VM.

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using Transfer to VM for SCCP or SIP phone.

you can configure the transfer to VM softkey buttong . as  TrnsfVM is configured as a feature button on these SIP phones.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmesoftk.html

Br,
Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Sorry, forgot to mention. This is SIP 7841 phone.

I'm trying to provision this feature on an 8851 phone but am unable to find the option either on the softkeys or feature keys. The link to the http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmesoftk.html is no longer valid.