Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Two-stage dialing initiated from the Jabber/Webex apps requires Dial via Office-Reverse (note: this is also disabled by default on the TCT/BOT device). Two-stage dialing from a PSTN origin (eg hotel phone for international toll bypass) requires that you also setup Mobile Voice Access: user calls the MVA pilot, authenticates, and can then originate an outbound call from their enterprise DN.

Mid-call features are just the ability to invoke hold/transfer/park/etc using DTMF star codes, similar to how an SCCP-controlled FXS port would.

View solution in original post

Enterprise Feature Access is when you use Mobile Voice Access and make the call from a configured Remote Destination. With the advent of Mobile Remote Access on Expressways the use case for both MVA and EFA are not really that applicable anymore as you can get a much more seamless UX by using Webex or Jabber on the mobile device and making the call from these applications. What is it that you’re trying to accomplish from a user experience perspective? If you describe that we might be able to provide you with some options.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Two-stage dialing initiated from the Jabber/Webex apps requires Dial via Office-Reverse (note: this is also disabled by default on the TCT/BOT device). Two-stage dialing from a PSTN origin (eg hotel phone for international toll bypass) requires that you also setup Mobile Voice Access: user calls the MVA pilot, authenticates, and can then originate an outbound call from their enterprise DN.

Mid-call features are just the ability to invoke hold/transfer/park/etc using DTMF star codes, similar to how an SCCP-controlled FXS port would.

Enterprise Feature Access is when you use Mobile Voice Access and make the call from a configured Remote Destination. With the advent of Mobile Remote Access on Expressways the use case for both MVA and EFA are not really that applicable anymore as you can get a much more seamless UX by using Webex or Jabber on the mobile device and making the call from these applications. What is it that you’re trying to accomplish from a user experience perspective? If you describe that we might be able to provide you with some options.

Response Signature

i just get a little confused for this feature, duo to i have jabber so why i need to use MVA and EFA ? , so  i asked for it

Simple answer, you don’t.

Response Signature