cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what number get shown for extension out of did range?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

my setup :

2xcucm version  "10.5.2.13900-12 Unrestricted"

2xIMP version    " 10.5.2.13900-12 Unrestricted"

2xcuc version    "10.5.1.10000-7"

i have some extensions that are out of my company DID range like 9xxx , i noticed these devices when they call an outside number they show the first number on the DID range , i have a translation rule that change the fist DID number called into our system into the voice mail pilot number so not sure if this have to do with anything . so is this some sort of a rule that extension outside of the DID range use the first number in the DID range or what exactly?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If I understood correctly your words then, This is because telco service provider will not accept any calling number which is out of DID range, in other words if they receive a calling number outside of DID range then they will change it PRI pilot/main number as calling number.

Suresh

View solution in original post

PRI is your ISDN line, if you have it. In general for ISDN lines or SIP trunks when a number is not in the DID range, the provider will in general reset this to the main number as external caller-ID

JH

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, it will be shown as pri' pilot number only for those extensions which are out of DID range. So generally we redirect incoming calls (for pilot number) towards voice mail system so caller can dial extension number of non DID phone if voice mail system allows to do so.

Suresh

so to make it clear  regarding outgoing calls , any extension in my phone system "that is outside the DID range"  makes a call to outisde my phone system will use the voice mail pilot translation in my case???? beacsue even my voice mail pilot use a extension that is outside my DID range

If voice mail pilot number is not in DID range then it won't be shown as caller ID when making outbound calls to pstn, using translation rule on voice gateway or translation pattern on cucm you can divert incoming pstn calls on PRI' pilot number (in your words DID range' 1st number) to voice mail system.

Suresh

yes but my issue is with the outgoing calls from my phone system into the pstn , why all extension outside my DID range with the phone mask configured "1111XXXX for example" under the line show the first number in the DID range when received into other phones on the pstn???

If I understood correctly your words then, This is because telco service provider will not accept any calling number which is out of DID range, in other words if they receive a calling number outside of DID range then they will change it PRI pilot/main number as calling number.

Suresh

thank you that what i wanted to know , on a side note what is PRI???

PRI is your ISDN line, if you have it. In general for ISDN lines or SIP trunks when a number is not in the DID range, the provider will in general reset this to the main number as external caller-ID

JH