cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What versions of CCM/CUCM and Unity can I use with Cisco 7940/7960 phones?

services
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Well the boss has finally decided to look into upgrading our failing phone system.  We are currently running ancient versions of CCM (4.1) and Unity (5.0). 

They are willing to upgrade the software as long as they do not have to replace the phones.  Does anyone know what versions of CCM/CUCM and Unity would be compatible with our Cisco IP Phone 7940/7960 series?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Please let me know if there is any other information I provide to help you all out.  Thank you so very much for the time!  Have a great evening!

Respectfully,

George D. 

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

George,

7940/7960 phones will still work with the current CUCM/CUC versions. See the following link/note.

Unless they are specified in the "Deprecated Phone Models" list, phone models that are End of Software Maintenance will continue to be supported on the latest Unified Communications Manager releases. However, they will not take advantage of any new Unified Communications Manager or firmware features associated with that release.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/11_x/cucm_b_cucm-imp-compatibility-matrix-11x.html#CUCM_TP_CD8082BB_00

Brandon

Brandon, thank you for the awesome info!  I really appreciate it!

Sam Smiley
Level 3
Level 3

To complement Brandon's post here is a matrix of phones and which versions of CUCM/CUE are supported with each phone.

Regards,
Sam

Thank you so much for the information, Sam!