Views
Helpful
Replies

Who identify if the Cisco Prime License Manager is in demo mode

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I don´t have experience about PLM. I need identify if the CUCM 10.x of  my Customer is operating in demo mode? I my lab I have sure that the CUCM is operating in demo mode, although I not see this information in the CUCM. The fact that the CUCM be operating with license insufficiency does not necessarily indicate that the CUCM is in demo mode.

Could You help me, please,

Thanks,

Wilson

7 Replies 7

Diego Chvz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wilson, 

In fact the system prompts that is operating in "demo licenses" and will expire at a certain time, it would look like this:

The system is operating on demo licenses that will expire in XX days. Add this system to a Cisco Prime License Manager and install sufficient licenses to cover its usage before expiration in order to avoid losing the ability to provision users and devices.

When you add the instance to PLM, you should see  under Use Lincese the Demo Licenses Status as well.

Hi dchavezs,

Thanks a lot for Your return. As I told, my CUCM about laboraty is operating with demo license, but, I don´t have information about expire date, ultimately, ....

Only information about PLM is possible to claim that CUCM is operating in demo licenses? I am attaching the print.

About CLI command is possible identify this?

once again, thanks a lot

Regards,

Wilson

Go to the licensing report in CUCM, at the bottom there's an area that will tell you if there's a PLM managing the licenses for it, or not.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for Your contact. I identify the button "Update Usage Details", but, when I press it not appear any relevant information. Is this button that You mentioned?

Thanks,

Wilson

I never mentioned anything about a button, if you're using a CUCM registered to a PLM, it will show in that page, at the bottom.

HTH

java

Hello Jaime,

I am also facing same issue. I am also getting error "  Cisco Prime License Manager is operating in demo mode. Install licenses to cover the licensing requirements of your product instances in order to avoid losing functionality in those products." on Prime dashboard. 

My CUCM licenses are managed by Prime. Any idea why such error occur. Also i don't see any data in licenses usage when i check in prime. 

Were there any changes in the PLM server?

HTH

java