cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why is Cisco announcement heard for a failed call from Cisco IP phone to a mobile number?

ryanyolola
Level 1
Level 1

I just like to know if anyone have experienced this. When we make a call from a Cisco IP phone to a an external mobile number which is turned off, we receive the announcement of Cisco (Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please consult your directory and call again, or ask your operator for assistance.) instead of the announcement of the Cellular/Mobile Network company.

The call flow is this,

Cisco IP Phone >>> CUCM >>> Gatekeeper >>> Gateway(cube) >>> SIP provider >>> Mobile phone.

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ryan,

That annoucnement is played by the Annunciator. Usually when you hear that, it is a CSS problem. This is what I have seen in the past. I suggst you take logs eg debug ccsip meessages from your CUBE to see if the cal is actually hitting the gateway. That annoucement is telling you that that call cant be routed for some reason...

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thanks for the response. I believe there is no problem with the CSS/partition because the call goes through without any problem when the mobile number is turned-on/reachable. Please do note that this only happens when the mobile phone is turned off or outside of coverage area. In this case the announcement should come from the Mobile/Cellular Company. The reason why I raised this question is because it gives false impression to the caller that there is something wrong with the Cisco Phone system when the truth is that the mobile number being called is just turned off or just out of coverage area.

I do believe that the call hits the CUBE but to make sure I will try to capture it again and check if it can give me a clue as to why this happens.

Take a capture (debug ccsip messages) and attach it here. Include the calling and called number and I can look at it for you

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"