Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless CP-840 Firmware

rtarson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am setting up Cisco 840 Wireless phone i was able to get it registered and able to dial out and within. However i have a couple issues i am trying to hash out with these.

I uploaded the sip840-1.8.0.1662-55928.loads file to the tftp file management under the "/" directory and I restarted the TFTP service then in the device defaults I set the 840 in CUCM to sip840-1.8.0.1662-55928.

The phone says that it cannot find that file. 

Another issue I am trying to figure out is why this phone when calling out shows just the extension number as called id when calling out? What would cause this I thought the link and partition handles that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maybe because your dialplan is not correct.
If you have a DN in CUCM with just 5552931, you need someting in your whole dialplan in CUCM and / or GW, to add/strip the digits that you need.
From alone, nothing will be done.
And if you think, you have already set it up, then you probably have a problem somewhere. But this is nothing, we (the forum) can provide you an EXACT solution, because nobody else than you knows your whole config, setup, dialplan, ...

So, "trace" a call with DNA in CUCM, check the logs in RTMT, check the logs of your GW/CUBE.
Check the CSS/partition, any potential Router or Translation pattern, calling transformation patterns, ...

This is basic call routing troubleshooting. The steps are always the same.

You should first try to figure it out based on the logs by yourself. And if you have the logs and don't understand them, you can ask in the forum. But not the other way round.
Because it's your job to do basic troubleshooting and take logs and traces. The same steps, if you would ask a TAC. TAC won't take logs for you, so doesn't the community do it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rtarson
Level 1
Level 1

I figured out the issue with the firmware. Now I am trying to identify the reason why dialing externally only on the wireless phones it uses just its extension its set up for adding area code/did. For instance if my extension is 5552931 it says its from +1 (555)293-1 on external phone

Maybe because your dialplan is not correct.
If you have a DN in CUCM with just 5552931, you need someting in your whole dialplan in CUCM and / or GW, to add/strip the digits that you need.
From alone, nothing will be done.
And if you think, you have already set it up, then you probably have a problem somewhere. But this is nothing, we (the forum) can provide you an EXACT solution, because nobody else than you knows your whole config, setup, dialplan, ...

So, "trace" a call with DNA in CUCM, check the logs in RTMT, check the logs of your GW/CUBE.
Check the CSS/partition, any potential Router or Translation pattern, calling transformation patterns, ...

This is basic call routing troubleshooting. The steps are always the same.

You should first try to figure it out based on the logs by yourself. And if you have the logs and don't understand them, you can ask in the forum. But not the other way round.
Because it's your job to do basic troubleshooting and take logs and traces. The same steps, if you would ask a TAC. TAC won't take logs for you, so doesn't the community do it.

Thank you was able to figure out with DNA.

SergGutierrez
Level 1
Level 1

I recently just got the CP-840 wireless phone. Did you have to go through the hurdles of uploading certificates onto the device to get it working on your network? If so, any tips?

They're are two different guides on cisco that relatively the same this one however has the certs needed for the device this is what I used had no problem getting the devices registered to UCM:

Cisco Wireless Phone 840 and 860 administration guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager - Cisco Unified Communications Manager phone configuration [Cisco Wireless Phone] - Cisco

Certs:

Cisco Manufacturing CA III (cmca3) - Intermediate

Cisco Basic Assurance Root CA 2099 (cbarc2099) - Root for Cisco Manufacturing CA III