Helpful
Replies

X-Lite Calls not completing...

shane.oconnell
Level 1
Level 1

Version of CUCM - 8.6

Version of X-Lite - 4.5

I have setup a Third Party SIP phone (advanced) to try to get an X-Lite client working but am running into difficulties. When i try to make a call out to the PSTN, I am just getting a fast busy tone - there is no debug available on gateway which leads me to think it may have something to do with route patterns or something. In the past versions of CUCM, I had X-Lite working so I am not sure what has changed.

Second, I am wondering if the issue is related to codecs and regions. The only call I can actually get to ring is an internal call. However, once you answer the call it fails.

is there something that I am missing that previous versions of CUCM didnt need???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Shane,

Lets start with the internal call that is failing. Is this an Xlite call to XLITE ie sip to sip or is this xlite to a sccp phone?

Can you do select "MTP" required" on the XLITE config. and then test again. Ensure you have MTP available on the MRGL of the xlite phone

If you can get CUCM traces that will be helpful. Get traces before you enable MTP and then after you enable MTP

You can also do a test on outbound calls and obtian CUCM logs. Make sure you set the traces to detailed.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Shane,

Lets start with the internal call that is failing. Is this an Xlite call to XLITE ie sip to sip or is this xlite to a sccp phone?

Can you do select "MTP" required" on the XLITE config. and then test again. Ensure you have MTP available on the MRGL of the xlite phone

If you can get CUCM traces that will be helpful. Get traces before you enable MTP and then after you enable MTP

You can also do a test on outbound calls and obtian CUCM logs. Make sure you set the traces to detailed.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"