IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

Hi,      I'm doing Bachelor thesis, the subject is :"IPv4 to IPv6 Transition". I hope you give me titles of books you recommend. Also,I'd be happy if you give me a few tips.right now,i need a topology for each transition mechansim with t...

I have to implement ripng on edge routers wich running vrfs for l3vpn, i'm on gns3 ios c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.152-4.S4.When i'm about to configure ripng on the vrf interfaces i can't find this cmd : ipv6 rip vrf-mode enable !What can i do ? and if ...

fourmoum1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just getting to working with IPv6 HSRP and I was wondering what the following tags are meaning under the IPV6 VLAN interface on the neighbor which is not holding the active HSRP mode ?Virtual link-local address(es):   FE80::5:73FF:FEA0:33 [UNA/OOD/...

Hello,  I was reading thread #17232 (e.g. IPv6 Subnetting - Overview and Case Study) which provides a great example on how to subnet an enterprise network.  One question that I am struggling to understand is how the author was listing options for def...

Wes Chang by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,im trying to clarify some confusion with where this is going in terms of show commands for bgpwhen i first played with ipv6 bgp in 12.3 years back, the only way to view bgp v6 items was via "sh bgp ipv6", and this as far as i recall was meant ...

Hi,I want to know what procces should I make to configure an ipv6 addres on a BVI. it only allow me to configure ipv4 address. should I upgrade the ios?RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ASR9K_PEREIRA#show platform Wed Dec 18 14:26:14.009 UTCNode            Type        ...

I'm configuring two 2800 routers (ADVENTERPRISEK9, 12.4(24)T2) for OSPFv3. The interfaces are Frame-relay multipoint interfaces on both routers. OSPFv3 is fine without authentication. But when I added same MD5 authentication to the two interfaces, OS...

I have configured IPv6 for clients, i am able to get IPv6 address from configured DHCP server (Win 2012).From client it is showing following link local address as a gateway, i have configured manual address for link local.fe80::1%11I need to ...

My understanding of IPv6 may not be accurate, so if there are any incorrect statements, please correct them.We have a requirement that prohibits FE80::/10 addresses from passing from end sites to the provider network.  FE80::/10 are the IPv6 link-loc...

Hi everybody,I looking a way to configure an ASA in 9.1 to permit access from the Internet in IPV6 to an internal server in IPV4.I have already read a lot about this topic and tried several Twice NAT configuration but so far I'm not successful.To res...

pdervaux by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My objective is to perfect my knowledge (basic to intermediate at this point) of IPv6 by creating a 100% IPv6 LAN.That's the Windows component - and I have a decent grasp on that.But here's the hitch...My ISP does not yet offer IPv6. Moreover, my tes...

DavidMach by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I would like to know if it possible to create a 6to4 tunnels between Linux and a Cisco router. The following configuration does not seems to workLinux AIPv4 address 10.10.10.100ip tunnel add tun6to4 mode sit ttl 254 remote 10.10.10.10ip link set d...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card