Views
Helpful
Replies

AXLAPIService KIT for C# .Net Application for v8 to 11.5

Sandro Galletti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

i want to share with you a small application developed by me.
This application build 2 dlls from wsdl and xsd file contained in AXL API TOOLKIT.
I had a lot of problems (all solvable) to communicate with cucm throught AXL API, first problem is to create the correct
.cs file to use with my application.
To made it i had used the wsdl.exe , next i have applied the modifies containde in the readme file, you can find it into Main folder.
Next i would create the dll file to use as reference in my projects, but some errore coming out when you build the .dll from the .cs file, example this one below:

error CS0030: Cannot convert type 'UpdateSoftKeySetReqAddCallStates' to 'UpdateSoftKeySetReqRemoveCallStates'

To avoid from this errors, i had to edit the .cs builded from .wsdl, changing the type in the needed rows.
then i coulded build the dll using the cs file modified before ,with success.

Then i used the dll as reference for the c# project , but when the application connected to cucm, the first instance of the AXLAPIService, it took a long time to response..
I have investigated the issue and i discovered that the problem is the real time serializatioin of all commands from the dll.
So i created this small windows application to create 2 dlls, one is the commands dll and the other one
is the serialize dll, in this way the connection to cucm is very quick.

I attach the ZIP file with the application, with it i hope to help someone that is in difficult to find a right way to implement axlapi with c#.
The axl version that i have tested are from 8 to 11.5 , next time i'll try with 12.5 and i i found some difference i will update the application.
For any problem pls reply here,thx you.

S.G. 

3 Replies 3

nathan1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for providing this excellent utility. Since its initial release, did you ever make modifications to support newer CUCM versions, such as 12.0, 12.5 and 14? It doesn't appear to work against 12.0 files and I would definitely like to use your utility. Thank you for the work you put into this.

This sample project might be helpful: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/axl-dotnet-samples

Bye! I'm glad you find my app useful! I didn't do any updates because I didn't need them for now.
What error are you getting?
And I see that a cisco engineer replies to your post with a "certified" project... if I knew that before.