cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

anyone help me redundancy for serial in to fast ethernet

tvm_parthiban83
Level 1
Level 1

We have connected some customer through leaseline through router serial interface .

the main problem is sometime the leaseckt is down for 2 or 3 days continously.

so we want redundancy for those customer.

we have backup rf link

so any possiblities are there for if serial interface line protocol went down automatically traffic swithover to ethernet interface of 3550 switch fa interface

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

it will be helpful if you can post out a sample topological diagram representing the devices, connectivity (with router,switch)you have at present to have more clarity about the kinda setup you have in place.

regds

ok,

soory for the late

i am on leave

i post the complete topology diagram and esxplain the connectivity.

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

you could use a dynamic routing protocol like EIGRP or OSPF across both links to remote router(s). Depending on the metric you set, you will use either link as long as it is up. a failure would result in rerouting the traffic accross the working link.

You should post more detailes regarding your setup, topology and hardware used to allow for more specific help.

Hope this helps anyhow! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Hi

in this figure the customer have one ip 16 ip block that is oruted with IGRP in PE router

we want either link customer use same ip block.

and in RF link Base Station is connected in L3 Swith Fast Eternet port.

All rf customers are in different VLANS.

if the LeaselIne went down the traffic will automatically swithed over to rf link

means the L3 swith fast ethernet port have several vlan membership in this it automatically go.

sorry for poor english.

looking forward u r reply.

thanks