Views
Helpful
Replies

More stable IOS for ME 3600-X

Alexander Demin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Which IOS for ME 3600X switch better suits production deployment (more features, less known/unknown(by TAC) bugs, etc.) ? What are key differences?

The choice is between:

15.3-1.S

15.2-4.S2

wbr,

Alex

---

DAO21-RIPE       

DAO21-RIPE
6 Replies 6

Rastislav Fukas
Level 4
Level 4

BU recommends  15.2-4.S2. In a few days 15.2-4.S3 will be in place.

Hi Alexander,
I find a good release the 15.3s. Not a single issue by now and more useful commands available than in the 15.2s train.

Alessio

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've just finished upgrading to 15.3(2)S.  So far so good.  I'm happy with this.

WARNING:  I don't remember which one, I'm suspecting it was 15.2(4)S, but if anyone is upgrading FROM THIS version to anything else, DO NOT use the command "archive download-sw" command.  Here's what going to happen when you do:

1.  Firstly, your CPU will spike so high, you'd think you just killed your appliance;

2.  The entire download "process" will take 1/3 of the actual time and you'd mistakenly think the IOS upgrade has been completed.  Well, NO IT HAS NOT.

If you look for the Cisco Bug Toolkit, it'll say that the workaround is "NONE".  And I've sent a negative feedback about the accuracy of this workaround.

The REAL workaround is to use the "archive tar /x tftp:///IOS.TAR flash:" command.  After the IOS extraction (/x) is done, you may delete the old IOS, change the bootstring and then reload the switch.

Further to my last post, it's Cisco Bug ID:  CSCtx68765

Great work Leo.
Thanks for that.

Alessio

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks Alesio.

Just additional warning to the people who've read my post, above.

Cisco documentation team has un-successfully worked with the TAC team about the "Workaround:  None".  TAC team does not want to ammend/change their findings.