cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rate-Limit on 3400me

jwilde
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a heck of a time trying to configure rate-limiting on the 3400me switch for outgoing traffic.  I basically have two ports that are facing the switch from a subscriber network and one on the service provider network.

port 1 -> subscriber

port 2 -> subscriber

port 4-> provider

There port 1,2 will be configured with a /30 ip address and a vlan will be passed in through port 4 from the provider network which is also a /30.

policer aggregate NWMNSA_DOWN cir 5120000 bc 960000 conform-action transmit  exceed-action drop

class-map match-all WELLY
match qos-group 5

policy-map NWMNSPA_DN
class class-default
     police aggregate NWMNSA_DOWN

policy-map TEMP
class WELLY
    shape average 5000000

policy-map MARKIT
class class-default
  set qos-group 5

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
description Video
no switchport
ip address 10.10.10.245 255.255.255.252
load-interval 30
service-policy input MARKIT

interface GigabitEthernet0/2
description Video
no switchport
ip address 10.10.10.249 255.255.255.252
load-interval 30
service-policy input MARKIT

interface GigabitEthernet0/4
port-type nni
switchport trunk allowed vlan 555
switchport mode trunk
service-policy input NWMNSPA_DN
service-policy output TEMP

interface Vlan555
ip address 10.10.10.242 255.255.255.252

My Download or input policy takes action like I would expect.  I have tried a ton of configuration choices to try and resolve this.  The problems is I want to share 5Mb between g0/1 and g0/2 and not put input policies on them or rate limit at that point.  On other vendors switches this is so simple.  I can get this to work when i just use the interface as a uni in a similar manner, but the qos-groups must strip when they get routed through the switch.  Basically I am trying to get 5Mb input and 5mb output when i use the switch.  I do not want the total of 5Mb for upstream to be passed up my network and prefer to use the g0/4 to rate-limit the outgoing connection as a group if i can.  I had it working earlier, but the qos-group function didn't apparently matter so I think I hit a bug.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Jwilde,

thanks for your feedback it makes this a complete story

Best Regards

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jwilde
Level 1
Level 1

I think i found a bug i backgraded and it works as i would expect.

Hello Jwilde,

for making this case complete may you add what was the initial IOS image running on the device and with what image you have fixed your problem?

Have you done a bug search if so you are allowed to mention the Cisco bug id affecting your system

Hope to help

Giuseppe

The version I got it working as expected on is:  Version 12.2(44)EY.  The version that I had issues with was me340x-metroipaccessk9-tar.122-54.SE and -53.  I have not looked through the bug reports  on the issue but I may do that later.  I thought I was doing something wrong all along.

I did not find anything under the bugs.

Hello Jwilde,

thanks for your feedback it makes this a complete story

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: