cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

very urgent

aksher
Level 1
Level 1

we have a major disaster last week when the service provider had a maintenance with out notification. we need to develop a back up between two sites to avoid such incidents infuture.

there are two sites separated by a dist. 20 km and are connected throught through two 6513 switches having Gbps speed. is metro ethernet a feasible one for this...

9 Replies 9

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You can very well make use of Metro-E services to get ur locations connected ,but make sure that you are having reduandant connectivity like via different paths or connected to different POPs.

In MAN you have got to have enough B/W availability too not limited upto 2Mbps in a single link which is the case with traditional WAN(E1).

you got to have speed offerings in Mbps and in even Gbps based on the SP..

regds

thanks prem

what are the platforms which will support metro ethernet. is there any module kind of thing which will be used as an add on the existing 6513 switches.

i hope there are no intricacies from SP side to provide metro ethernet.am i correct ?

Hi

AFAIK u dont need any special module to get the link connected on the 6513 box.

There are different flavors of Services being offered in extending the LAN from one location to the other location (like EWS,ERS --- VPN, EMS).

Again it all depends on the SP and the kinda services he can offer to the customers..

regds

any idea on SP who can offer this service in norway

Hi

I m not sure about the SP who can offer this in Norway..

If its in India i can confirm u the details online..

regds

Prem,

I am interested in Providers who can provide these services in India. Can you please send me an e-mail offline please, my address is karanprakash2004@yahoo.com

Thanks

check with BRITISH TELECOMMUNICATIONS

raj.panchal
Level 1
Level 1

Gentlemen,

VSNL in india provides the similar services .. :)

Aksher,

As rightly pointed by Prem.. you need to understand what all services you want to provide over the Metro E that you plan between the two 6513

Also the fiber connectivity is expected to be in redundant form i.e two differnet providers or fiber ring via different paths

If you are planning for EoMPLS .. i would suggest go for 6513 with WS-SUP720-3BXL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_data_sheet09186a0080159856.html

For connecting distances of about 20 kms you need to use ZX SFP trancievers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps5455/products_data_sheet0900aecd8033f885.html

hope this helps ...

Raj