cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco to Juniper MPLS VPNs and TE Interoperability.

pavlosd
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

We've been asked to make a pilot test for interoperability between 2 M20 and 2 7609(Sup720-3BXL) for MPLS VPN and traffic engineering.

Can anyone help with what I have to setup in order to keep interoperability between the systems? Any configuration examples?

8 Replies 8

sultan-shaikh
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Please see the attached pdf it has MPLS configuration examples, in the meantime I will try try and see if I can attach some configs from our Labs..

sultan

Hi, can you also send me any config with LABS? are you using same BGP AS with LDP?

Thanks.

Hi,

Talking about MPLS VPN across Multi AS networks involves many conditions, for instance, IGP routes are not exchanged by BGP... but still we can provision a PW across Multiple AS.

Consider this,as you might know that for a LDP based pseudowire end to end connectivity within a single autonomous system, you must have /32 host routes of PE routers and the corresponding labels, which you learn through IGP and LDP/RSVP.

Now, to obtain the same in a multi-AS environment you can use eBGP to exchange the /32 host routes of PE devices and the corresponding labels across the autonomous system boundaries and then redistributing the /32 host routes learned through EBGP into IGP.

From the point of view of the PE routers, this is similar to the single autonomous system scenario except that the /32 host routes appear to be of IGP external types in the routing tables.

Instead of using LDP, ASBRs utilize IPv4 label information along with the host route advertisements in BGP update messages and set up LSPs between one another for these host routes.

Let us know if this helped...

sultan

Good points. Do you have any lab/test sample senario?

Pavlos,

Here are the configs with a diagram we used to simulate the same, the configs are for scenario where both ASs have Cisco, no Juniper, in the meantime I'll be trying for a Cisco Juniper combo as well...

Very good. I would appriciate if you could also sent me the within same AS results.

Hi

could you pls upload again the pdf ?

tks

Ric

chrisayres
Level 1
Level 1

don't worry sorted it.