cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EoMPLS filtering BGP (port 179)

pryce-jonesm
Level 1
Level 1

Any ideas why a simple EoMPLS (with xconnect x.x.x.x <vc> encapsulation mpls) from one PE using a SVI, to another PE using a SVI would be filtering a BGP session between both CEs ? All traffic seems to pass Ok, but when we try to establish a eBGP session between the CEs it doesn't come up. One router remains in OpenSent, the other in OpenConfirm.

Both PEs are ME3750.

MTUs are the same in both interfaces on each side of the EoMPLS tunnel, MTU are the same in both CEs, it is not a eBGP multihop, ASN are correctly configured. If both routers are connected back to back they work fine.

4 Replies 4

amol.mirase
Level 1
Level 1

hello marcos ,

can you pls share the configuration from both pe's as well as from both ce's ?

Ahmed Dockrat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Did you manage to find a solution to this, I'm having the same problem.

Regards

Hi Marcos,
Have you tried to explicitly permit eBGP sessions between the two via route-map or something? It might be a new default in the Cisco ME IOS

Hope this helps
Alessio

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Vivek Ruhil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marcos

Could you please share the configuration of the PE's the CE's and also output "show mpls l2 vc " from both the PE routers and show ip bgp nei from both the CE routers.

Also is there a firewall in the network, because firewalls by default block port 179.

I have not known any limitation wrt BGP not working on EoMPLS setup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: