cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Access from an MPLS VPN Using a Global Route Table when multihomed

mlj
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured in the lab the example from "internet access from an MPLS VPN using a global routing table", Cisco document id 24508 which uses the static command:

ip route vrf customer1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.67.1 global

I cannot find any method of providing internet access when multi-homed.

Previously the Cisco "MPLS and VPN architecture" book specifies the use of the command "ip vrf forwarding CustomerA fallback global" which does not specify the next-hop, this seems to be the answer to the problem but it does not exist in the IOS code.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

g.grof
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

If you use dual-homing with 2 PE and 1 CE and static routing, than you should do the mentioned static route configuration on both PE routers and static routing on CE with different AD.

Thanks for your response.

I am interested in the ability to setup redundant routing using different internet service providers for all customers.

Any info would be great.

mike_winslow
Level 1
Level 1

just a cautionary note that this document has a small omission in the config for the PE2 router..

address-family ipv4 vrf customer1

no synchronization

network 22.22.22.0 mask 255.255.255.0

network 192.168.20.0 mask 255.255.255.252

The CE2/PE2 link wasnt advertised.

CE1 was able to ping CE2, but not vice-versa. CE2 was able to ping CE1 using the loopback 0 address as the source..

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

pleae check what you ae looking for

http://shivlu.blogspot.com/2009/03/provisioning-internet-with-internet-vrf.html

regards

shivlu jain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: