Helpful
Replies

xconnect within the router (Cisco7600)

justa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have following situation:

Two Cisco 7600 , routerA in POP-A anf routerB in POP-B.

xconnect configured for layer2 service:

RouterA:

interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1.75

description Link to CPE1

encapsulation dot1Q 75

xconnect b.b.b.b 100 encapsulation mpls

RouterB:

interface TenGigabitEthernet1/2.76

description Link to CPE2

encapsulation dot1Q 76

xconnect a.a.a.a 100 encapsulation mpls

Due to topology change link to CPE2 was moved to RouterA. xconnect refuses to take its own IP address for destination. I've tried to use simple "connect" on RouterA (had some success with it on Cisco7301 ):

connect localLink TenGigabitEthernet1/1.75 TenGigabitEthernet1/1.76 100

But it dosn't work.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks.

Julius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you consider MUX-UNI to avoid xconnect on Vlan interface::

interface TenGigEthernet 7/1

switchport

switchport trunk allowed vlan 75

sw mo trunk

interface TenGigEthernet 7/1.100

encap dot 100

xconnect x.x.x.x .....

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Atif Awan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What hardware do you have on the 7600? Local switching is not supporting on LAN cards.

Atif

We have RSP720-3C-GE route processors with WS-X6708-10GE line cards.

So basically there is no way to configure L2 circuit within single chassis ?

Well if you want true local switching then you need to look at intelligent line cards like ES+ which support it.

Atif

Thanks for the information.

Are you aware of any workarounds for "not so true" method to interconect 2 vlan subinterfaces on ethernet cards ?

Options:

-QinQ

-change vlan and just have ordinari trunkports (vlan 75 in/out, possibly with STP disabled)

To consider: vlan translate, MUX-UNI

Jon

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunatelly I can't configure interface as a Layer2 trunk - in that case I would have to configure xconnect pseudowires for other vlans on virtual VLAN interface and as far as I know it is not supported

Did you consider MUX-UNI to avoid xconnect on Vlan interface::

interface TenGigEthernet 7/1

switchport

switchport trunk allowed vlan 75

sw mo trunk

interface TenGigEthernet 7/1.100

encap dot 100

xconnect x.x.x.x .....

Thank you for a suggestion. I wasn't aware that it is possible to configure L3 subinterfaces on trunk configured as switchport.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks again.

Julius

justa wrote:

Thank you for a suggestion. I wasn't aware that it is possible to configure L3 subinterfaces on trunk configured as switchport.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks again.

Julius

Julius,

MUX-UNI for LAN cards allows you to have a combination of subinterface based xconnect along with normal switched VLANs on the same access port configured as an 802.1q trunk. For Layer-3 funtionality you need to map the VLAN with an SVI. As far as I know direct Layer-3 configuration on a MUX-UNI subinterface on a LAN card is not supported.

Atif

judebryant
Level 1
Level 1

actually,

on a 7600 line card, if you want to xconnect from one port to another you can.  Use the xconnect with port number.

If you are looking to bring in traffic on one port and send out multiple ports on same card do it this way/

int gig0/1

service instance 100 ethernet

encapsulation dot1q 100

bridge-domain 100

service instance 200 ethernet

encapsulation dot1q 200

bridge-domain 200

int gig0/2

service instance 100 ethernet

encapsulation dot1q 100

bridge-domain 100

int gig0/3

service instance 200 ethernet

encapsulation dot1q 200

bridge-domain 200

Hope this answers your question correctly

Regards

Jude Bryant

Network Engineer

Pioneer Telephone

Jude,

With 7600 you have two types of cards, LAN cards and the more intelligent ones which are sometimes referred to as WAN cards, like the ES+, SIP-400, etc. What you are saying is applicable to the ES+ cards as had been pointed out earlier. With LAN cards, which justa has, local switching in this manner is not possible. The workarounds have been pointed out by Jon.

Atif

My apologies for not reading the thread correctly

Hi Atif,

do you mean also for SIP-400 with 5 port GE or 2port GE SPA,  we not have local switching on the same port for different vlan wwhere two CE connected in each of these vlans.please advice.

abakhashwin wrote:

Hi Atif,

do you mean also for SIP-400 with 5 port GE or 2port GE SPA,  we not have local switching on the same port for different vlan wwhere two CE connected in each of these vlans.please advice.

No I did not mean SIP-400. My response clearly mentioned that I was talking about LAN cards like the WS-X67XX modules. SIP-400 does support local switching but if you are looking at using the EVC cli for it then I believe you need to use a V2 SPA like SPA-2x1GE-V2.

Atif

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: