cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
david.owen
Beginner

Network Access Module and Switching Users

We are working on implementing 802.1x and plan to use AnyConnect NAM on the PCs. However, I’ve run into a problem where we have a few multi-user machines for employees who work in multiple locations throughout the day. It’s not uncommon for someone to lock the PC they are working on and walk away. Prior to NAM, a second user could come along and log in as themselves, leaving the initial user logged in. However, I’ve found that once NAM has been installed this user switching feature is disabled. This is understandable, as the initial user technically hasn’t logged out, so the port is still authenticated with their credentials, and we wouldn’t want to accidently break a connection stream just to reauthenticate the second user.

I have spent quite a bit of time going through these forums and white papers trying to find an alternative solution for this situation, but haven’t had much luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could proceed on this?

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad