cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can't select devices while creating netconfig job

randomjoe1
Level 1
Level 1

when creating a netconfig job, I can't select the devices...  they're there, but I can't check the boxes.  Checking a group puts the checkmark in the box, but it says 0 devices, even though expanding the group shows the devices.  other parts of RME (and other components of LMS) allow me to check individual devices.  RME knows about the devices.

whats wrong?

LMS 3.2

RME 4.3.1

22 Replies 22

randomjoe1
Level 1
Level 1

also have the same issue with the config diff viewer.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I recently helped another customer with this problem.  Post the netconfigclient.log, RMEDeviceSelector.log, and NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and sterr.log.

Any solution to this problem ? 

i am experiencing the same

randomjoe1
Level 1
Level 1

attached is a rar with the files you requested.

Also, tomorrow night I plan on upgrading to SP1, should I re-schedule the window till this is resolved?

Go to http://SERVER/cwhp/ThreadDump.jsp (where SERVER is your typical LMS URL).  Post the output.

attached

Do it again two more times with a minute between each one.

td120830.txt was taken at 12:08:30ish

td121010.txt was taken at 12:10:10ish

This looks to be the same problem, but it's not clear what the catalyst is.  It looks like a thread deadlock, but this thread dump doesn't provide enough details.  Can you download AdaptJ from http://adaptj.com/main/download, install the Windows eval, bind it to the PID of Tomcat (as seen by pdshow Tomcat) and get a thread dump from that?  It should provide more details.

installing - it asks for JRE/JDK root folder.  I searched for java.exe, and tried entering each of the directories and got "please, select valid folder for JRE/JDK root" " JRE/JKD root folder must have '\bin' subfolder with java.exe and javaw.exe files in it".  the directories I chose all had a subdirectory with /bin and java.exe was present...

The JRE directory should be NMSROOT/lib/jre.

I've been trying to reproduce this for a while, and I can't.  Another thought if you can't make AdaptJ work is to go ahead with SP1 (which is what I'm running now) and see if the problem returns.  BTW, the catalyst is loading the RME portal view.  The portlets on that page call code that seems to get in a loop.  Why this is happening is not clear, and it obviously doesn't happen all the time.  If the problem continues to occur on SP1, I can provide a debugging patch via TAC that may help narrow this down.

well,

Couldn't get AdaptJ working (have to admit, I was also real busy so I didn't try all too hard to find out why).

Anyhow, I patched up to 3.2sp1, and after all the services started back up, I ran into the same issue.  After doing the following I got it to work:

1. manual logrot/restart daemons (some of the logs were kinda big) - issue remained

2. updated software/devices

3. restarted services

4. some processes didn't start automatically, so I manually restarted them

after that, my issue was gone.  Come to think about it, the last thing I did before I encountered the issue in the first place was updating devices,  if a device package didn't install properly, could that have caused my issue in the first place?

Yes, it is possible.  The code where the loop occurs deals with the device package repository, but not the packages themselves.  The code deals with building an internal MIB structure.  The reason I thought 3.2 SP1 might help is that there is device package changes there.  It's good that it's working for you, but I'm still bothered about why this is happening in the first place.  I have a feeling we may not have seen the last of this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: