Views
Helpful
Replies

Change management port to work as regular interface

gal.avichid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco ASA 5506-X, and i would like to use the management port as a regular port, when trying to change its settings, i get an error:

galavichid_0-1690196109982.png

I guess i need a different license?

if so, which one? I can't find the specific license name, also with my vendor in NL, which is difficult for them to find for this model any information.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
10 Replies 10

Hi @gal.avichid management port cannot use as another port. its can only use as a management port and if you have firepower module, management interface can use to configure that. not as data interface.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @gal.avichid,

The Security Plus License for the ASA is required in order to use the management0/0 port as a regular interface. With this license, the management interface can be used for the traffic that passes through the firewall as well.

With a base license on ASA, the management0/0 port cannot be used as a regular interface.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Is that for sure?
If so ill purchase it

I will check in my lab' but I dont think mgmt interface can be as data interface'

The reason is asa is design with two plane of rib' one for mgmt and other for data and mgmt is in mgmt plane.

But let me check

Thanks,

From searching online, i can only find this info:

Cisco ASA5506 Security Plus license L-ASA5506-SEC-PL= w/ HA, DMZ, VLAN trunk, more conns.

nothing in particular about the MGMT interface

@gal.avichid 

please read this: https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/asa-5510-7-0-8-base-no-management-only-gt-license-restriction/td-p/1488819

Best regards

You're rigth @MHM Cisco World.

It seems to be for 5510.

Thanks for that clarifiation.

Best regards

You are so welcome friend.

MHM

gal.avichid
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea what can i do to expend in that way?

I need to have an extra port for another network.

Thanks