Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960 Switch Uplink issue

zeenatkhattak33
Level 1
Level 1

Hai

I have issue on two access Cisco 2960 switches connect to Ruckus icx7150 by TRUNK port. Cisco's 2960 port blinks Amber even if I remove the cable,, while same connect port on Ruckus is down. If I reboot the Cisco's 2960 for some time its working fine but again after 10 to 15 minutes...same happens.

Can anyone help to resolve.

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- At the time , when this happens check the logs on the Cisco (show logging) or (preferred) use a syslog-server, see what comes up. Same applies for  the Ruckus device (commands to check logs are probably different)

M,

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

if it is blink amber even though no cable connected, can be a issue in switch. try with different port with same configurations. check console logs for activities when cable connecting to switch to find out what's happening. 

sometimes spaning tree may blocking port. or port going to error disabled mode due to some issue. easiest way to detect is check console logs.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Dear I tried the same by changing to another port..Same occured on the other ports also.

These advisories are still applicable :

- At the time , when this happens check the logs on the Cisco (show logging) or (preferred) use a syslog-server, see what comes up. Same applies for  the Ruckus device (commands to check logs are probably different)

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the configuration on that port ? Looks like (my guess it is doing some spanning tree)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

There are no redundent link only one uplink is configured as trunk...how Stp is blocking sir?

we are not sure what is configure on bot the device, we are discussing hypothitically here what may be wrong  (in the  dark)

.how Stp is blocking sir?

i did not mentioned STP Block, this may spanning tree convergence, but that is my guess.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

hard to say what is going on. What switch configuration profile are you using on the Ruckus, the default one, or a customized profile ?

Post both the Ruckus and the Cisco configs, there could be a (e.g. spanning-tree) mismatch.

Dear on both switches just trunk configurations are done.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Check the LOGS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following commands: 

1.  sh version

2.  sh post

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

Please check below if help for you.

"EEE" on 2960X and PD device causing intermittent link flap
CSCus35889  
Description
Symptom: Dec 30 03:34:54: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/26, changed state to down Dec 30 03:35:04: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/26, changed state to up Dec 30 03:49:50: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/26, changed state to down Dec 30 03:50:00: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/26, changed state to up Line protocol flapping, some times with link up/down also, which would cause PDs like AP disconnected/reboot. Conditions: When "Energy-Efficient Ethernet" feature enabled on both Catalyst 2960X switchport and on the PDs. Affected images: c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-2.E.bin c2960x-universalk9-mz.150-2.EX5 Workaround: Disable Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) by below CLI command: 2960X(config-if)#no power efficient-ethernet.

Thanks,
Jitendra 
Thanks,
Jitendra