Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works - Campus Data Collection

v-yelmene
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Works - Common Services 3.0.3, Campus Manager 4.0.3, RME 4.0.3

I have devices that are "discovered" via Device Discovery, but do not show up in Campus Data Collection. The devices that do not show up, are "reachable" in Device Discovery. I thought all devices in Discovery that are reachable, were sent to Data Collection? I have no filters in Data Collection. It should allow anything.

Any ideas why Data Collection is not importing those devices?

7 Replies 7

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Take a look at the Type for these device in Device Discovery. Is there something there or is it blank?

yup, the type is showing up properly, 2620 router.

Try running Data Collection one more time. If that doesn't help, you'll need to enable debugs and provide the logs to TAC.

you could watch the Discrepancy reports on Campus Manager, maybe it could help you, it would be a duplicate hostname or IP address.

it happened to me and it was because i had a duplicate hostname

Do your data collection filters include the IP range that the router is on?

martin.roy
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue where devices were seen on one side but not on the other. Synchonizing the time on the CW server and the devices fixed the issue. You might want to try that.

How do you syncronize the time?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: