cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do i remove this variable in ROMMON mode on WS-C3750V2-48PS-S

lakshanindika
Level 1
Level 1

i had to recover my cisco switch WS-C3750V2-48PS-S by copy image file to flash by using  copy xmodem::c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.150-2.SE11.bin flash: c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.150-2.SE11.bin command. it was successfully copied. i set to  baud rate to 115220  and  i changed back to baud rate 9600 after copied the file. and i made a mistake i  set wrong variable for baud rate "set baud?="  how can i remove baud?= from the system. i have attached image, please refer, please help me to this remove baud?= from ROMMON

Thanks

16 Replies 16

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

issue command again :

set BAUD 115200  or 9600

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply
I issued a command but i could not remove baud?= variable on rommon. it
still shows

baud=9600
baud?=

i want to remove baud?= from rommon

Thanks

reload the device. 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply

I reloaded the switch but reload did not remove the baud?= parameter and i tried unset command it did not worked and i thought it might be case sensitive i tried set BAUD 9600 , it created another entry on rommon. when i issue set command on rommon now i see 

BAUD=9600

baud=9600

baud?=

question is how do i remove these parameters?

Thanks

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
unset BAUD

NOTE:  Syntax is case sensitive.

I issued set BAUD 115200 Command and changed back to BAUD 9600. command got effected and duplicated "baud=9600" show no more. that's good sign but i accidently created "baud?=" , I'm trying to remove using unset command to remove variable baud?=.

but i cant. how can i remove "baud?="

i have attached the photo please refer

Thanks

@lakshanindika wrote:

but i cant. how can i remove "baud?="

Have you tried the command I have provided?

yes I tried, I set BAUD 115200 and changed back to BAUD 9600, duplicate
disappeared
But still baud?= variable there, i wll attached a image for you understand
more. i used unset command but it did not work to remove baud?=
switch: unset baud?=
Variable baud?=" not set, or is readonly.

redgasgiant
Level 1
Level 1

See my attached screen grab. I have this issue as well, except I accidentally typed a lowercase "boot" when I was adjusting my boot image. Now I have a lowercase boot=flash:/cat9k...blah blah.bin in my variable list. ( and a unset:boot=flash:cat9k blah blah)  

How do we remove these variables? Will they harm anything? 

If the switch is in ROMMON, use "unset boot<BLAH>". 

If the switch is not being used, perform an emergency-install.

Awww. They took it away from me!
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9500/software/release/17-6/command_reference/b_176_9500_cr/system_management_commands.html?bookSearch=true#wp1226684560
"This feature is not supported on the Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series High Performance Switches." ( I have a c9500-24y4c)

Oh wait ... 9500 does not support "emergency-install". 

So boot the firmware from the USB flash drive:  boot usbflash0:filename.bin. 

After the switch boots up, perform Install Mode.  

That is a very nice and concise Upgrade PDF! Thank you!! But the reload of my cat9k 17.6.5 Bengaluru did not wipe out those ROMMON variables I have lingering... any other ideas?

@redgasgiant wrote:
That is a very nice and concise Upgrade PDF! Thank you!!

Thanks.  I'm planning to write a "part deux" of the 9500 with a twist:  Install Mode + no-reboot (so network admins can reboot the switch at a later date).  

@redgasgiant wrote:
But the reload of my cat9k 17.6.5 Bengaluru did not wipe out those ROMMON variables I have lingering... any other ideas?

If the switch is still in ROMMON, please post the complete output to the command "set".  If the switch is not in ROMMON, the command "sh romvar" will also suffice.

IMPORTANT:  Please do not provide screenshots.  Just copy and paste the output.