cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE-200-16TC-L AND CISCO NETWORK ASSISTANT SOFTWARE

J Rubio
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, for a project in the USA we provided several Ethernet Switches IE-200-16TC-L, the customer is asking about the Cisco Network Assistant Software for switch configuration, I searched in Cisco Website for such software and it seems to be discontinued, what software could we offer to our customer in Lieu of CNA?

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I can't find support for this device in Cisco Prime, advise the user to configure it manually , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

pieterh
VIP
VIP

I guess IE-200-16TC-L, is a typo? and should be IE-2000-16TC-L?

1) in the retirement notice: Cisco Network Assistant - Retirement Notification - Cisco
    Cisco refers to : You can view a listing of available Cloud and Systems Management offerings that best meet your specific needs
-> you should consider cisco Prime ad/or Cisco DNA  only if you have a large number of devices,
     else these products are too heavy!

-> for a limited number of devices you can use the web-management interface as first alternative
    "enter the switch IP address in a web browser to display the Device Manager"
     (and of course the CLI)

Yes, it was a typo, it should be IE-2000-16TC-L

We have only 5 units on-site. I found an option to upgrade the IE-2000 switch from Lite to Full (Part # L-IE2000-L-B=), would this help in anyway?

pieterh
VIP
VIP

>>> would this help in anyway? <<<
-> no this only gives you more features, not more management options
Cisco Industrial Ethernet 2000 Series Switches Data Sheet   table-5

p.s. if by chance this switch is used in a Profinet network, you can select a Profinet management tool

The application uses Modbus TCP/IP. Then what software license do you recommend us to purchase that could be equivalent to Cisco Network Assistant Software? I just want to mention that have near zero knowledge of ethernet switches, I am looking for a part number that can be ordered to meet the customer specifications in regards providing Network Assistant Software.