cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 DFM2.0 Discovery Status is Learning all the time

u.seidel
Level 1
Level 1

All devices in the DCR are in DFM. Discovery Status ist Learning. There is no discovery progress. The ESS Monitor process is running. Whats wrong ?

9 Replies 9

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Might be running into CSCsb38137

Doesn't look like there is a fix though

iski
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have the same problem here. in dfm - device management - rediscover/delete all devices have this information:

*** Data Collector Status Information ***

Discovery Progress = 10% completed

Error Code = N/A

Error Message = N/A

and i got in windows eventviewer plenty of this error messages:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: InCharge

Event Category: (1)

Event ID: 16640

Date: 24.08.2005

Time: 07:51:41

User: N/A

Computer: SRSMHV69

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 16640 ) in Source ( InCharge ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: [24-Aug-2005 07:51:41+539ms] t@5284 HTTP #1

AUTH-E-EBADLOGINSYS-Unsuccessful login to DFM: From srsmhv69

TopologyAdapter pid=--- IP=10.5.33.2:33756

greetings

thomas

Hello,

I have also run into the same (progress is stuck at 10%) problem. I believe in my case, it started after I installed the service patches 2 for DFM. I have uninstalled the application (DFM) and the patches and reinstalled DFM alone without any success.

It looks like many of us are facing this problem but no one has found a solution.

Will any one who has got around this problem please speak up!!!!

Regards,

Raghu

Same problem at one of our customers.

Running on Windows 2003 server and we did the same as Raghu without success.

Urgently need the devices in a known state!

Is this a problem on Solaris too?

Same problem here with LMS 2005 revision dec, DFM v.2.0.3. Windows 2003 Enterprise edition. learning keep hanging at 10%. The bug CSCsb38137 has severity 2, but no solution at this moment.

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue? If so, can you please let me know what it is? I'm having the same issue.

There have been many causes and fixes for devices hanging at 10%. The most recent, which is not fixed, is caused by having .NET 2.0 SP1 or higher installed on a Windows server. Removing this package, then restarting dmgtd will allow DFM to properly learn devices.

That's what I get also, But it was for a LAB anly, and now I prepare for installing the LMS 3.0 package.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card