Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2. Campus Manager (5.2.1) and devices in "Not Managed" state

j-fragoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have enabled auto mode and manually included but when I run a data collection some devices don't take part in the process. When I click in show included devices I can see 19 devices in Not Managed state. What is this? How can I fix it?

I attach ani.log file

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Verify Auto Managed is enabled in Campus Manager:

• Campus Manager > Admin > Data Collection > Mode and Policy  Settings
  • Check the box "Enable Auto Mode" and apply.
  • Check include and exclude devices and ensure "Show Included Devices and Show Excluded Devices" does not populate.

Yes, Auto Managed is enabled

bdarwish
Level 1
Level 1

a TAC case was logged on this issue:

the debugging in the ani.log showed that the devices were not managed because they wre arleady part of a management cluster:

com.cisco.nm.ani.server.frontend.EvalTerminateAndRemoveException: Removing
duplicate cluster member device ....

we have toggled off cluster discovery by setting the below value in the ANISERVER.PROPERTIES and restarting the ANIServer process, after that all devices were managed correctly:

Discovery.Cluster=OFF

hi, I have changed it too off but after running discovery again it has not changed, still there are 9 missing devices !!!

Finally I found the reason why my devices are in included devices ;

it was very simple because I have too many same hostnames,  I changed the hostname to be unique and it still have those devices in the included !!!  after every changing we you to reinitialize the ANI server with the apropriate command (

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

and then start the discovery .

It is finished