cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 reacheability tests for a simple IP address possible?

bastianbrachner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

is it possible with LMS 4.0 to do a simple reachability test for an IP address not based on device?

The ip address I want to check for reacheability is not the management ip address I add in Inventory->Device Administration->Add->Device Properties->IP Address

For example: I want to test the reaceabilty of the IP-address 10.113.15.4, not management ip, it shall be an interface ip address.

With the performance monitoring I want to test the reacheability, if it fails continuously 2 times I want to get a notification with an low severity.

After 6 continuously fails of the reacheability test I want to get a notification with an medium severityand in the end after 12 continuously fails of the reacheability

test I want to get a notification with an criticaclc severity. The threshold configuration and the threshold criteria should not be the problem,

the problem is where do/can I enter the corresponding ip address I want to test.

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

You can enter an ip address as a new device in the DCR. Then in monitoring create a poller that checks the availability of this device/IP address.

I have never tried to create different alerts base on the times a test fails, and I doubt if it can be done.

Cheers,

Michel