Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.x - CLI-Command for 'Inventory and Config Collection Status' Report

lo.mueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm searching for a CLI-Command (Solaris) to give me same information as "Inventory and Collection Status" Report in Web-GUI

[Web-GUI URL: https://<server>/rme/devStatus.do]

As we are actually adding devices via dcrcli-script it would help a lot getting information regarding collection of inventory/config data via CLI to

bypass Web-GUI.

I searched thru cwcli but wasn't able to find a suitable subcommand equal to the GUI-Report.

Anybody out there able to give me a hint?

Thanks for any feedback

Lothar

8 Replies 8

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Kindly refer to the following user Guide URL for the cwcli utilities which describe how to get the Inventory report generated from CLI :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/user/guide/configuration_management/cwcli.pdf

refer to overview of Overview :- cwcli invreport command.

Hope it helps,

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Chugh,

thanks for the provided link, unfortunately with cwcli (regarding the doc) there is no similar output possible

as shown in UI with "Inventory and Config Collection Status" Report.

I need a CLI output for Inventory and Collection Fetch process and its results with timestamp to prove

correct adding of new devices via CLI.

maybe any perl-scripts available giving similar output

Best Regards

Lothar

Hi,

Thanks for the update. So, are you looking for update for the Inventory job status from time to time and details for the jobs.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Chugh,

as in the Web-UI report available I need a possiblity getting information about successful or failed inventory and config collection after adding a new device via CLI (dcrcli).

This report only run for the newly added devices.

This would help a lot, as we add devices via CLI and actually then have to connect to Web-UI 'Inv&ConfigColl Report' for getting status of inventory and config collection.

Using CLI is very time-saving for us.

Best Regards

Lothar

Hi Chugh,

I searched around the RME-DB with dbreader tool and was able to put  a SQL-Query together

to output alsmost the same information provided in WEB-UI-Interface.

Putting these Query in a Perl-Script that connects with DB and executes SQL-Query solved the problem.

For everybody trying the same here's the SQL-Query (remarks and update are welcome).

my $STATUS = "select C.ElementName, B.Inventory_Collection_Status, B.Failure_Reason, B.Last_updated_time, A.Status, A.Comments, A.UpdatedAt from DCMA_Archive_Status A, Dev_Mgmt_Status B, NetworkElement C where C.ElementName like '$device_name' AND C.NetworkElementID = A.NetworkElementID AND C.NetworkElementID = B.NetworkElementID";

Thanks for your support

Lothar

Hi Lothar,

I rated it very helpful

Kindly confirm if you are able to see the report for the newly added device from CLI.

many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Lothar,

great that you posted the query - which makes it much easier for others to do similar things. 

One comment I have is, if you need this info for multiple or all devices instead of just a single one, to use the Open Database Schema to get the info for all devices at once and lookup in the result the devices you need. You can also use it for remote access of the DB views.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/database_schema4.0/guide/dbviews.html#wp128645

This should contain the Inventory Information needed.

Martin

Hi Gaganjeet,

yes with performing the SQL-Query I was able getting information about the

Inv/Config collection status.

Some cosmetics in output and the CLI-Report is done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: