Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow not working

Bart Mars
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've got a rather odd situation going here. In our company we use NetFlow to measure network traffic. Some of our NetFlow devices have gotten an upgrade and stopped working. When I look at the configuration, I see:

ip flow-cache timeout active 1

ip flow-export source Vlan3

ip flow-export version 9

ip flow-export destination 172.29.1.12 9996

interface GigabitEthernet0/48

switchport access vlan 3

switchport mode access

switchport nonegotiate

ip flow ingress

ip flow egress

logging event link-status

speed 100

duplex full

mls qos trust dscp

no snmp trap link-status

no cdp enable

spanning-tree portfast

end

I can confirm that the NetFlow Analyzer is working, as some of the network devices are still sending their NetFlow information. VLAN3 is where the outside IP is configured. Interface G0/48 is member of that VLAN. The switch that I'm troubleshooting:

Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image                

------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------              

*    1 52    WS-C3560G-48PS     15.0(1)SE3            C3560-IPBASEK9-M

Flow export v9 is enabled for main cache

Export source and destination details :

VRF ID : Default

Source(1)       192.168.100.81 (Vlan3)

Destination(1)  172.29.1.12 (9996)

Version 9 flow records

0 flows exported in 0 udp datagrams

0 flows failed due to lack of export packet

0 export packets were sent up to process level

Vlan3

ip route-cache flow

ip flow ingress

GigabitEthernet0/48

ip flow ingress

ip flow egress

I'm kinda unsure what goes wrong here. I believe to have configured everything right.

Can somebody help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rolf Fischer
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Bart,

unfortunately NetFlow is not supported on the c3560v1 plattform.

You can find the "ip flow ..." commands in the unsupported commands section of the command references.

I'm interested in NetFlow too and wonder if your configuration has worked before you updated the IOS because (apart from the fact that it's not supported) you applied all the commands for measuing at Layer 2? What IOS did you use before?

Best regards

Rolf

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rolf Fischer
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Bart,

unfortunately NetFlow is not supported on the c3560v1 plattform.

You can find the "ip flow ..." commands in the unsupported commands section of the command references.

I'm interested in NetFlow too and wonder if your configuration has worked before you updated the IOS because (apart from the fact that it's not supported) you applied all the commands for measuing at Layer 2? What IOS did you use before?

Best regards

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

I searched across the Cisco site and didn't pay too much attention of the different types of 3560 switches. Because I saw the commands in IOS, I immediately thought that they would work. (Assumptions...)

Well,  I did some research and it turns out that what I said before, wasn't  completely true. According to my collegues, all switches that have this  problem, have been replaced old Cisco 2811 routers last year. So that's  why they said it did work before.