cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow on Nexus 93180YC-EX

rvr_76bg
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of Nexus 93180YC-EX Switches which require Netflow to be enabled/configured. The default NX-OS OS the Switches came with did not even support Netflow. We've upgraded to 7.0.3.I7.2 version. So Netflow is supported and the feature is enabled. Upon configuring Netflow following common  hierarchy  - exporter, record, monitor all was good, all commands accepted. When we had to configure the monitor under the interfaces we've got the msg - "TCAM region is not configured". We've researched to find the right command to enable TCAM slicing but the command " hardware access-list tcam region ing-netflow" was not an option.

Has anyone faced that issue? Do I need to enable SPAN region first? I guess the command is not disruptive but requires a Switch reboot?

Thanks in advance!!

3 Replies 3

Hi yes, I’ve seen the prereqs:

hardware access-list tcam region ing-netflow size 

As I said in my initial description the command is not available in the CLI. I have reviewed both docs last night but could not find the right answer for my case.

You may see that the output of the command "show system internal access-list globals" does not show anywhere that proves Region Netflow exists…

Thank you anyway!

Hi, this is because the following limitation on EX switches.
The Cisco Nexus 9300-EX platform switches have dedicated TCAM and do not require carving.

• TCAM carving configuration of the ing-netflow region can be performedon -FX line cards. -EX linecards have a default ing-netflow region TCAM carving of 1024 and can not be configured otherwise. For ports on the -EX and -FX line cards, the suggested maximum for the ing-netflowregion is 1024.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card