Views
Helpful
Replies

Ping after router reloads.

cristiantrejo77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there, I hope you can help me with this:

I got an 819G to connect to internet via LTE, my problem is: after the router reloads, I have to send traffic via de Cellular interface, making me to log into the CLI and ping to anything in internet, this makes the cellular to get IP from the ISP and turn on the dialer interface. 

I need some Track, IPSLA or EEM to "ping 8.8.8.8 repeat 20" after the reload if the Celluar does not have IP address. 

At this moment I have an EEM to ping to 8.8.8.8 if the Cellular 0 line protocol is down. This is working fine.

Thanks.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have the code to ping already, see How To Run an EEM Policy Every Time a Device Boots | EEM Scripting | Cisco Support Community on how to run an EEM policy after reload.  This policy can test to see if your cell interface has an IP, and then execute the ping if it does not.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have the code to ping already, see How To Run an EEM Policy Every Time a Device Boots | EEM Scripting | Cisco Support Community on how to run an EEM policy after reload.  This policy can test to see if your cell interface has an IP, and then execute the ping if it does not.

cristiantrejo77
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your help. It is working as I hoped. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: