Helpful
Replies

Prime LMS 4.2.1 Dashboard problem

Dawit Zeru
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've a Dashboard problem in LMS 4.2.1

I can't create or delete dashboards in my Username I've try to delete the username and creating it again and it didn't solve the problem,

the same error message appears

here is the error message

can someone advise me how to handle this problem

Dashboard.jpg

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

In LMS 4.1, this was a bug with "CSCtq29347"  which is URL redirection issues.

Try the following steps:

1. Stop the daemon manager.

2. After stop the daemon manager, back-up the portal.properties and portal.script from the location NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwportal\db\

3. Copy the portal.properties and portal.script file from the location NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwportal\db\orig\ and replace it to NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwportal\db\

4. Then start the daemon manager and check.

After resetting the Portal database the custom created dashboards won't be available.  Don't create an  Embedded/URL dashboard as a first dashboard. Create  a portlet dashboard first and afterwards create any type(Embedded/URL/portlet) of the dashboard.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

In LMS 4.1, this was a bug with "CSCtq29347"  which is URL redirection issues.

Try the following steps:

1. Stop the daemon manager.

2. After stop the daemon manager, back-up the portal.properties and portal.script from the location NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwportal\db\

3. Copy the portal.properties and portal.script file from the location NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwportal\db\orig\ and replace it to NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwportal\db\

4. Then start the daemon manager and check.

After resetting the Portal database the custom created dashboards won't be available.  Don't create an  Embedded/URL dashboard as a first dashboard. Create  a portlet dashboard first and afterwards create any type(Embedded/URL/portlet) of the dashboard.

Hi Nael,

Sorry for the late response,

it help.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card