Views
Helpful
Replies

Privilege needs in WLC managing from Prime 2.2

David Serarols
Level 1
Level 1

Hello word,

After having installed a Cisco Prime 2.2 and added several WLC, my customer just wants a read only managing from Prime. So, when I added WLC I provided SNMP v3 RO and no telnet/SSH user/password/enable.

The problem is my customer would like to manage Guest Users from Prime, I obviously some kind of write privilege is needed. Changing SNMP from RO to RW would be enough? Or maybe I have to add a SSH/telnet user/password/enable to manage it? Or maybe I will be both SNMP RW and telnet/SSH?

Thank you very much!

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

most likely you would need RW and ssh\telnet as well ,however it depends on what kind of operations your guest user will have access to.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

most likely you would need RW and ssh\telnet as well ,however it depends on what kind of operations your guest user will have access to.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroj,

Thank you very much. Mostly I'd like to manage WLC in order to add or remove guest users, what do you think?

you would need "RW" in most cases, for you also "RW" should be fine.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thank you very much! I will try with these privileges :-)

Hello,

We changed SNMP from RO to RW and we verified that guest users are manageable from Prime without any enable user.

Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: