Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with WLC configuration backup in Cisco Prime

lnw-team
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

recently we've been dealing with WLC configuration backup issue. There are currently nine wireless LAN controllers in our deployment that are managed by Cisco Prime appliance. When we go to Monitor >>Managed Elements >>Network Devices, we can see that Admin Status of all of them is "Managed" and Last Inventory Collection Status is "Completed". However, much to my surprise, when I pick up one of the WLCs and go to "Configuration Archive" I can see that the last successful configuration backup took place in 2019. I would like to know what is the reason for that. Where can we find device current configuration. Is it backed up on regular basis? 

Thank you in advance!

2 Replies 2

Hi

On the configuration Archive you can select the last entry. You can expan it and see  "Details".

Clicking in Details a new windows will pop up and you can see the config and export the config.

" I would like to know what is the reason for that. Where can we find device current configuration. Is it backed up on regular basis? "

If the archive is not working then the last configution is that from 2019.  

What you must to is force it by clicking "schedule archive collection" and choosing "now".

On the same page you can choose the frequency you want to keep. Daily, weekly or monthly. 

Well, if the schedule is ok and you are not receiving the configuration, then you need to work on it.

I´d start with resync device or maybe deleting and adding . 

If the WLC is managed, then it should work properly.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure that Prime and WLC model and including current software version remain 'in sync' , for that check https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-device-support-tables-list.html , lookup at the minimum os requirements for a particular version too , when checking the wlc model. Sometimes it could for instance happen that the WLC got upgraded and the in place Prime version gets confused (that would then mean that a Prime upgrade is needed too).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '