cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unconnected Devices in LMS 3.2 , CM 5.2.1

uffankhan
Level 1
Level 1

I have un-connected devices problem in Campuss Manager 5.2.1 , although device discovery is proper.

Further, i have double checked that the neighbouring device is also present in the campuss manager and is discovered properly. also verified verified through CM trouble shooter (trace route).

Please note that only WAN branches (connected via service provider network, point to point or MPLS cloud) are having this issue, all the other devices are shown connected correctly.

I have the neighboring device as a seed in the DCR (Common services) and all the devices connected are shown correctly except these WAN devices.

Please advise.

4 Replies 4

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Devices need to be directly connected in order to have a CDP neighorship.

If you do a sh cdp nei on two devices you feel should be connected do you see the other device in the neigbor list?

If so on both sides then campus will too, if not then campus won't see it either.

You can fake this a bit by creating tunnel interfaces between devices and enabling CDP on the tu interfaces.

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks for the response.

The devices are not physically directly connected, but there is an IP-SEC VPN tunnel between the devices. And LMS is not able to discover the links. Please advise if there is some manual method of showing the link is present or if there is any special configuration in LMS or in Cisco devices is required.

Thanks.

I am still looking for an example. Further, we have identified that the core device and the remote device is not establishing CDP neighbourship due to DM-VPN connectivity in between through SP cloud.

Please advice how to solve this issue as Campus Manager is not being able to show the links (missing) in between devices.

Waiting for a reply.

Thanks.

This may work if you are able to configure CDP on both ends of the tunnel.

If this is a normal tunnel then you can configure CDP on th the Tu  interface.

Not sure if this would work on the VPN interface.

Maybe create a simple tunnel on top?

Cheers,

Michel