Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Hello all!   I have recently acquired a new block of CIDR IP addresses from my ISP and I don't understand how to get it setup.   WAN address: 68.x.x.232 WAN gateway: 68.x.x.225   CIDR network: 70.y.y.112/28 Usable addresses: 70.y.y.114 - .126   How d...

Hello, everybody,   I've tried to install FirePower image to ASA and got a strange error message after:   system install http://<HTTP_SERVER>/asasfr-5500x-boot-6.1.0-330.img   "Package header failed verification - 'Header magic number mismatch'"   Ho...

This is an odd one. From the sfr conolse i can ping intelligence.sourcefire.com , nslookup works as well also, but when I try telnet i get this; Failed to connect to intelligence.sourcefire.com port 443: No route to host When I try this command found...

vpresogna by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  Looking for help. Our Windows network neighbourhood browser service will not communicate across our Nexus 5000.    This uses UDP 137 and 138. From searching online it appears that DHCP-relay on our Nexus doesn't forward this traffic like iOS cou...

ajstan by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,   I have a site on a common LAN - 192.168.33.0/24. They have an ASA 5505 (192168.33.5) connected to fiber that they want to be primary, and an 871 router (192.168.33.4) connected to MPLS they want to be backup. They have no layer 3 device beh...

I have setup two networks with pretty much the same configs and both are having an issue where the internet connection is dropping.  Can be a few hours or days before it drops.  At the moment I am sorting the issue by rebooting the firewall & Router ...

peat by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I installed FMC from scratch at 6.0 (upgraded to 6.0.1). We originally tested on 5.4, and it included the remediation module for PIX Shun's, which from what I could tell, worked for ASA's as well.  With 6.0, it does not include the PIX Shun module. F...

awysocki by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys, I saw below configuration on Cisco ASA 9.1(7)16. The network object group is calling a service object group, is this a valid configuration? ====================================object-group service HTTPS_433 tcp port-object eq 433 object-grou...

I'm deploying IPS firepower 8120, the topology in internet segment: core switch -- mikrotik -- IPS Firepower -- WAN Optimizer -- Firewall -- Internet.Why in network map/host cannot discover host/ip address that throught the IPS? while in connection e...

dharma_pr by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,   I have configured service policy rules on my ASA 5545 :   policy-map CONNS class AttackingTraffic inspect http HTTPDOS set connection conn-max 200000 embryonic-conn-max 10000 per-client-max 300 per-client-embryonic-max 20 set connectio...

mudasir05 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have a port channel with 2 of 1G links between our core of the datacenter. Due to the issue with one link, we want to force all traffice to another link, only use the 2nd physical link when the 1st physical link is full. Is there a way of doin...

Ge Qu by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card