Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

CPU high on ASA - Dispatch Unit

Hello,Our ASA 5520 seems to hit around 80% at certain times of the day.  I know 80% is the marker for when I shoudl start to investigate.  I have notice that it is the dispatch unit:0x0828fb01   0x6d5c3278    85.8%    85.9%    73.3%   Dispatch UnitWh...

Andy White by Participant
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! NAT and Access List

Please can somone explain the following...why do some people define a service for example 3389 or http  in there static  NAT rule?Is it not easier to use serivce IP and then define what you want through  an access list?

Resolved! Migrating PIX 501 configuration to ASA 5515-x configuration

Hello,              I have been working on this migrating from a PIX 501 to ASA 5515-x. I have been greatly helped by a Cisco support team member. They gave me   the instructions of how to migrate after I showed them the "run" config of the PIX a...

Resolved! ingress interface in packet trace

Hi,I was just curious to know what exactly qualifies as the input interface in a packet trace statement.Eg. ASA has two interfaces, Local & Outside. If the requirement is to ping from node on Local interface to one on the outside, what interface shou...

suthomas1 by Frequent Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

FWSM maintenance mode - vlan 1

Hi,A client has had their FWSM fail, when you try to start the module the switch eventually disables the power to that slot (%C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 4 set off (Module  Failed SCP dnld)). I have turned off diagnostics with 'no d...

Mel Popple by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

snmp polling across firewalls

I have an issue with my firewalls polling my snmp stations.  The issue is that my smnp server is unable to poll a connected interface on the firewall on a different network. We are using two /24 networks across a managed connection for redundancy pur...

Roy Lindo by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Active Directory Authentication

Hello,Currently, to allow staff to access restricted websites from the internet, I obtain their home IP address and enable an access rule to allow them to access that website.  Unfortunately, their home IP addresses are dynamic and change periodicall...

tgillon by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Remote Access VPN Setup

Hello Support,I have a question regarding a remote access VPN setup with the following. I have a Cisco 6500 with multiple VLANs, and an FWSM setup in mutliple context mode. Each of our clients sits behind their own context, and has their own associat...

FWSM Basic question

Hello to everyone:-i need guidence regarding FWSM. i am runing FWSM in my poroduction network and first time i am try to add and assigne one vlan to Fwsm.i know the command which assigne vlan to FWSM that is below:firewall vlan-group 1 vlan-id......c...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: