Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Everyone,I have this Layer 7 Policy Map which i config using ASDM  under inspectspolicy-map type inspect http test4        parameters          protocol-violation action drop-connection log        class _default_GoToMyPC-tunnel          drop-connec...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I would like to temporarily allow asdm managmeent from an external network while I change some IPs for my site-to-site VPN.  I've tried allowing 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0, but that doesn't work.  When I try to enable the management feature on the outsid...

lmalhoit by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Site-To-Site VPN

Hello everyone,We need some with site to site vpn from our current location to another customer’s sitewe configured both sites ASA firewalls and see traffic in the logs, not able to connect - maybe we missed something, we need your helpSending both A...

Hi Everyone,I added device to CSM ASA  in mutli context mode.I read that if i you do discovery policy on device already  in network it will copy all the running config  from device to CSM Need to know if it is safe  on ASA  which is in production and...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloMost of my experience was with Pix, then we got a few ASA 5505 pre- IOS 8.3 so we still used the NAT0 access list for site to site VPN.I am having trouble understanding the Twice NAT / Identity NAT and cant see how to use it with an access-list ...

jffisher by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was curious as when configuring an ASA to be multiple context mode, what happens to the existing configuration on the ASA?  I am more concerned with the managament access configuration.  Will that config still be present in the default context?Than...

CiscoNutt by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Problem: Traceroutes return all ***'s after default gateway IP until they complete.  Logging onto an wireless access-point not behind the ASA has the traceroutes completing as expected with each hop showing IP and response.   I am testing from a linu...

dbeidleii by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have an ASA connected to an external switch connecting two different networks. I have query if we need to put any kind of nat statement for traffic between internal & external network. The brief network flow is ;User Network > Cisco 3560 > ASA ...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,Currently we have a Cisco 5520 ASA running 8.2.5 IOS and we want to upgrade to the new 5525-X ASA. We only have 512Mb RAM in our current ASA.I've been reading alot of documentation on how to migrate from the 5520 to 5525-X but what I gather i...

ross_rulz by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,Below is the screenshot from Cisco LEarning Website for ASA  Practice test.Correct answer is Manual NAT polices .Need to  know what should i look for in ASDM  that will tell me it is Manual NAT?RegardsMAheshMessage was edited by: mahesh p...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes