Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all. I would like to know what are the major differences between firewall and router since a router can also configure accesslists to protect the internal network. One difference i know is that a router is not stateful hence you need to specify yo...

donnie by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are helping a client move from PIX 525 to ASA 5585-X, SSP10. This is a production environment and very critical migration. Has someone done this and could provide a step-by-step procedure. What are the gotchas which we should be aware off?Thanks f...

Resolved! ASA 5520 -CSC10-K9

Hello everybody,i've a problem with the Base License Activation Code. I have an ASA 5520 CSC10-K9. I registered the bundled License with the PAK and the SN of the CSC I got the Activation Key for Basic License and the Eval for PLUS.if i enter the Cod...

gusy just want to check the DNS server attached to the firewall can i tried to telnet to port 53 on a roiuter just to see if the remote firewall alllows the conection.......telnet is tcp and DNS is udp based will it work thanks

Hi guys,I have to allow the ESMTP traffic from a defined IP address. I know that the following statement allows me to disable the inspection but I would do more, limiting the "no inspect esmtp" to a single IP address.conf tpolicy-map global_policy  c...

I've purchased a used ASA 5505 device.  Upon reseting and looking at the startup, I see that it is unable to retrieve Activation License and used default.  Activation License shows as all zeros.Is there a way to find whatever Activation License is ti...

HiI have asa5520 on version: 7.2(4)#sh verhardware:  ASA5520, 512 MB RAM, CPU pertium 4 celeron 2000MHzInternal ATA compact Flash, 64MBBIOS Flash M50FW080 @oxffe00000, 1024KB#dir62947328 bytes total (19222528 bytes free)Could any expert advice me, if...

julxu by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes