Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have the following config on a 887VA. Will this stop all traffic hitting the outside interface? I want to stop all unsolicted traffic, including icmp echo request, on the outside interface.No ssl, no snmp, no telnet, no ssh, no icmp, no udp, no ...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone elaborate on an IDS solution for a virtualized environment? I  have blade servers running ESX/ESXi - heavily virtualized environment.  Im using blade switches as chassis I/O - no pass throughs.The  requirement is to run an IDS service such...

lamav by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Every 7 days (give or take a day) the PIX stop letting traffic through.  I reset the modem or reload the PIX traffic resumes.  Is it possible the modem is updating (maybe updating isn't the correct word) and the PIX isn't updating with it? When i's i...

We have a PIX 535 with unlimited lisence, it has 1,048,953 in use connections because the timeouts have been changed to 24 hour. I am addressing this issue but was wondering why its so high when the max concurrent sessions is supposed to be 500,000 a...

JIM T by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, does anyone know how to send a ENTER (or Carriage Return for you guys who are oldschool) when using the CLI-tool in ASDM 6.4? I need to confirm a previous command with Carriage Return but that doesn't work only by hitting Carrige Return in th...

jkellers by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Sorry, if this is a newbie kind of question, but I've been a networker for quite a while but this issue is a little confusing to me.I have 10 phone switches on 10 different subnets aand each has a unique port number to which I connect, all behind an ...

Hi,      I have configure L2TP vpn using ASDM and now i am not able to connect my Cisco ASA 5505.      it's showing error message3Jul 07 201118:57:38IP = *.*.*.*, Error processing payload: Payload ID: 1 Please suggest me how to solve this problem (Us...

Good day All;Sorry if this is a redundant question but in a week or two we are going to put in a secondary internetconnection.  Is there a way on a pix 515E to have one internet provider be preferred over the otherand if the primary fails then the se...

wgranada1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I was wondering if anybody has done this before.  Current setup: MPLS circuit on 1841 back to HQ with router on a stick configuration (multiple VLANS).  Switching environment is partner controlled but they give us ports with the appropriate VL...

Resolved! ASA implicit Deny

Hi all, i have doubt in ASA implcit deny concept. if we add new ACE ( without line number ) in in the existing acces-list where it will be stored. will it be added after implicit deny rule or it will send the implicit deny rule one step down? kindly ...

The client is interested to create WAN redundancy for 5, small sites with 15 users.  Each site has MPLS circuit  (Primary) and Internet circuit (backup). I am thinking about positioning  Cisco ASA5505 and i know that it can handle WAN failover/redund...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card