Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,in this forum I found that to log telnet access to routers (Successful/Unsuccessful - Authorized/Unauthorized) a possible configuration is:access-list 10 permit 10.1.1.1access-list 10 permit 10.51.21.34access-list 10 permit 10.51.8.32I find on cis...

I'm using LMS2.6. RME is version 4.06. I have a number of devices show up in my reports that no longer exist. I can't delete them as they don't appear in the DCR. When I try to add them back in, I get an error saying they already exist.Can someone pl...

Hi,I have recently confgured my AIP-SSM-40 module in my firewalls which are configured in HA(Active/Standby).It was working fine.Then i upgraded the image version to  IPS, 7.0(2)E3.It was working fine for a week.Then i found that the secondary firewa...

uthayaman by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone tell me what these NAT statements are doing?  Is this just a way of doing a NAT exemption between two interfaces?static (DMZ,inside) 172.22.8.0 172.22.8.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 0 0 static (DMZ,inside) 172.22.9.0 172.22.9.0 netmask 255.255....

jgagznos by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to understand why ASA firewall doesnt do loadbalancing or loadsharing in normal active-standby mode.why does it need to be in context mode to be run as an active-active firewall.Appreciate all your help!

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to configure an ASA but I am overlooking something simple I think.  Its been a few years since I have used an ASA.  I am trying to get my PC on the Inside Network connected to Ethernet 0/1 on the ASA out to my router.from the PC I can ...

I have a 5550 running in Transparent mode.  The purpose of using Transparent mode was so I could insert it between the external router (going to the internet) and the layer 3 switch (connecting to the users).  Both of these devices share a /30 networ...

gdrandles by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I wanted to see if something like this would work.The existing config works fine and works like so:access-list remoteT1_AL extended permit ip object-group remoteT1_NAT_local object-group remoteT1_NATglobal (local1) 30 10.3.90.55nat (local) 30 access-...

rwoerner1 by Level 1
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm currently experiencing a performance degrade, when forwarding CIFS/SMB traffic through the fwsm. Basically, I'm running a multi-customer setup, where each customer has a dedicated dmz for their own serverressources (citrix, appservers etc. etc...

Hi Guys,My 5510 is running Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.0(4) .I have setup some VPN's on this firewall and have been able to access the firewall for management via the VPN using the management-access commandie. management-acce...