Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to convince my comrades that we should put anything that provides a service to outside users or anything with an open port accessible to the outside, to be put in our DMZ instead of on the 'Inside' interface of the firewall. Is there a st...

Running fwsm v2.3(1) in one environment and v2.3(3) in a separate environment. Are there any difference in how ip unreachables are treated in the versions. We seem to be runnning into mtu fragmentation issues from the later version box. We can put ...

xayavongp by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Experts, I need your assist to sort it out V-Lans issue which we have just placed on Cisco ASA 5505 FW and doing testing but not able to find out the root cause:Current Scenario:1) V-lan 100 NOC 192.168.12.0/242) V-Lan 200 DEV 192.168.14.0/24Prior...

ray_stone by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Yesterday there was IPS alert: Invalid Netbios Name id=3357, while a Cisco VPN client was connected to the network. The employee ran a virus check-nothing found. Today the employee can not connect to the ASA firewall to set up a VPN connection--the V...

saidfrh by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I can't seem to find any information regarding mass rollouts of Cisco IPS 4240 devices. I have 6 devices I intend to roll out to several remote offices and tie into a centralized Cisco MARS appliance. Without using any CSM/LMS software, is there an q...

dgroscost by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, i want to know that IPS 4255 supports these featurs or not features are as followes 1. protect from Common gateway attack2.protect from Buffer Overflow attack3.protect from remote procedure call attack4. provide Protocol Parsing detection ,Heuris...

We are getting people attempting a dictionary attack on one of our ftp servers. We have a ASA with a SSM module protecting the edge. When the attempt this attack, they trigger signature 6250 'FTP Authorization Failure' alerts. I would like to set up ...

Hi anybody, I have a new Cisco ASA5520, and no have any configuration (only management interface is configured). But when power on, it heats and the fan accelerates. What can be the problem? Can I verify the temperature of the appliance? The cpu load...