Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I have 4215 appliance that I'm trying to get working. It's only logging the outbound traffic. I'm not sure what I need to configure to have it log the incoming traffic (which is what I thought the device was intended to do). Any/all ideas would be...

caseym by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks - I have a host in the DMZ that has a one-2-one static NAT on an ASA 5510. The IP address of the host in the DMZ is 192.168.128.20. Now we have added two more hosts in the DMZ that have been clustered with 192.168.128.20. The IP addresses of...

I'm getting the following error msg when booting.No images in /Error 15: File not foundunable to boot an imageSo I'm trying to use tftp in rommon mode but I can not ping anything from either ASA -> laptop or the other direction. I'm not sure I have ...

bmckean by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! nat or no nat

I have a diagram to help better explain what I'm wondering. I think I'll need to, but maybe not.My ASA has a private address on the inside interface, and a public address on the outside. Will I need to nat if my device in front is natting for other t...

Resolved! Pix Activation Key

We have a Pix515e UR firewall. A long time ago I obtained an activation key to use the 3DES encryption. We just purchased another Pix515e UR Failover unit.Do I apply the same activation key I obtained for my primary unit to this failover unit? I have...

Hi All,I am trying to get OSPF to distributed the VPN tunnel routes to my internal router. I can get the both sides to see each other as neighbors, and the ASA sees the routers OSPF routes, but the router is not getting the updated routes from the A...

Hi..I am facing issue with accessing firewall syslog files.the size is around 2GB.It says i need to open it with another editor rather than notepad.I tried with wordpad but it hungsup.Any suggestions on this.Also i have heard that the logs are stored...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So I have an ASA in a little abnormal setup.The site has a managed router far down stream and my only option for VPN is to have a static translated to my ASA.My ASA has only one interface plugged in, inside. Things seem to work great, I can ping thin...

w-schultz by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I saw a curious message on bootup of an ASA 5520 running 8.03.19(i think) code, where it made a reference to busybox, which i believe is a compact linux distro. Can anyone clarify this, is busybox used as some sort of bootloader and if not why would...