Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

This morning I had a ASA5540 crash - it suddenly froze, I lost contact, and then it rebooted itself. It lost contact with its mate and consequently the secondary failed over and is now active. Now it's back up put when ping to the inside interface (o...

I have a VLAN configured and trying to connect my other 2 locations that are using a VPN. This is what I'm thinking I need to do.Ex:HQ VLANs{PIX}route in 0 0 [Public]route in 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.5.23550 fa0/1 - 192.168.5.1/30 -> 192.168...

Hi allI want to know if it's possible (see attachment for detail) to manage multiple subnet within a Layer 3 switch (3750) through a ASA5520 with 802.1Q tagging.Refering to jpg file; the SQL and ACS subnet are only define in the layer 3 switch The D...

I have a problem with a vpn client sitting inside a PIX 525 7.2(2). I can connect to the destination concentrator but cannot ping any resources (tested and works fine through little ADSL SOHO kit). After searching here, I added isakmp nat-traversal 2...

molebrian by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

... or sometimes after a while; it started a couple of days ago, 8.0.3 installed on December.First thing I presumed was a defective power supply so I opened the case and checked all connectors to see if they were properly fit etc.question is:I see a ...

nlariguet by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, how can I configure one-on-one "IP shift" NATting on PIX/ASA ? For example 202.100.1.16/28 <-> 192.168.2.32/28. So a.a.a.17 <-> b.b.b.33...a.a.a.19 <-> b.b.b.35...Can I code like this? I don't have the appliance to verify, anybody can confirm it...

pengfang by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Any chance anyone knows the specific MIB's for an ASA 5520 and 2821 ISR?Finding it difficult to track down the exact ones I needhttp://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2Thanks,Denis

I have 4 - 871's running 12.4(T8) that connect to an ASA running 8.x code utilizing EasyVPN. The problem is that 2 of the 871's connect and pass traffic without issue but the other 2 connect only for about 5 minutes. The configuration are all the s...

I am trying to allow SMTP through a PIX 525 running ver 7.2(2). When the banner comes back to the server it is 2's and astericks (*). I have done the "no inspection esmtp" commmand in the global policy, so that should turn off the inspection. However...

lkoons by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm setting up a new ACL on our PIX firewall (running version 7.x) to block FTP. Someone asked if I could enable FTP downloading for some machines but prevent from uploading. Is that possible? What would the ACL look like?

niro by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Pix firewall

In my Pix 515e there is an access-list entry : access-list out_acl permit tcp any host 69.67.67.100 eq smtp( 69.67.67.100) is the public IP address of the Mail server.do I need this ?, can somebody explain to me what this access-list is doing ?.Why s...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card