Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Hi all,can advise on whether PIX 525 is able to handle specific routes in its routing table?This is because I have configured two static routes on the PIX:route inside 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 192.168.1.2 1route private 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.1.2 1...

jonXP by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a cisco pix 515E firewall, I'm experiencing a strange problem, and I'd like to get people's ideas as to what it could be and what debugging I can do.Basically the problem is that randomly from two different unrelated servers some SYN packets...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Question to Cisco Folks - I just downloaded the new S253 sig and noticed that its byte size is 423,161... This is much smaller than S252 (=6,630,431) and S251 (=6,629,084).Is this now the norm, or is S253 an incomplete package?Please let us know...

DFiore by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a new 4215 that has been in "monitoring" mode for a while. It is monitoring the inside and outside interfaces of my PIX and I am detecting a lot of TCP SYN Host sweep from my proxy server and a bit of limewire. In regards to the TCP SYN Sweep ...

bberry by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.My client requires SSL VPN to be configured at their site. I had followed the 'SSL VPN Client (SVC) on ASA Using ASDM Configuration Example' from the cisco website. The client has some more requests based on their setup. They require authenticatio...

I am having trouble passing arguments to tcpdump via the packet display command.The tcpdump command I am trying to use is:tcpdump -nvvX host 10.0.0.1It seems I should use:packet display GigabitEthernet0/0 expression -nvvX host 10.0.0.1This doesnt wor...

bmcelyea by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I received the S253 sig update notification yesterday and for the first time it appears the text indicates that I can upgrade my IDS 4210 to the 5.2 version needed to have continued sig support. What is the upgrade path? What do I need to order? E...

rjoslin_2 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pix 506e that will not boot past the point noted below where I have pasted the console screen output. All testing that I can do up to that point comes out ok. Any help with this problem?CISCO SYSTEMS PIX FIREWALL Emb...

lgalbr111 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Netpro's,My CiscoWorks application is failing to start. There are 3 services displayed under the Services console:1) CW2000 ANI database engine (Started)2) CW2000 Daemon Manager (Unable to Start)3) CW2000 VisiBroker Smart Agent (Started)Is there a...

I am looking for a realtively simple IDS. Something that monitors and alerts on intrusions. Does anyone have a recommendation for a particlur device. This doesnt have to be high end, price is a major factor.

901224H by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card