Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, it is audit season again, and was just asked the following questions regarding the IDS sensor.Min password length?is there a lockout timer?number of password guesses?can it be integrated with tacacs/radius?Will it kick you off after a certain num...

I have just upgraded a 4215 sensor to ver 5, it was a replacement so I started afresh. I ran the setup and then entered IDM, under Interfaces I can only see one I/F fa0/1 the management I/F the monitoring doesn't appear, I have re-checked the sensors...

markb by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks, We have a IDSM blade and recently upgraded to IPS (5.x), we found out that it would not work without a license, then TAC told us that IPS license is on subscrition basis??? does anyone know what the procedure is to get a license for 5.x...

I misconfigured my ACS authentication (or something) and need to console into my VPN 3005 concentrator and undo my changes to restore my admin access to the device. However, I'm having problems consoling into the device.I'm using the standard robin-...

s309973 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,i have a 2651XM router running 12.3.7-T8 code thats is configured as an IOS FW. There is one public NAT entry for an OWA server. If i enable the sudit signatures inbound on the WAN interface, i cannot connect to the OWA server using HTTPS. No sign...

desmckee by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I get the following message after running my idsm2 module for a while :Error: getAnalysisEngineStatistics : ct-sensorApp.588 not responding, please check system processes - The connect to the specified Io::ClientPipe failed.If I restart the module, I...

laneclark by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The cisco concentrator is behind pix..but i ca't to get to the concentractor to allow user to login..please find the config belowIX Version 6.3(3)interface ethernet0 100fullinterface ethernet1 100fullinterface ethernet2 100fullinterface ethernet3 100...

Hi,I was wondering if somebody knew which Cisco maintenance contract gives you the following:HardwareSoftwareIPS License and SIG UpdatesThere are quite a few options but I can't find anything that clearly states what we need with the IDSM-2 to be cor...

ishah by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an IDSM-2 that is sending alarms, but it doesn't seem like it's sending enough.I'm comparing the network that I'm monitoring to another portion of this client's network and logically this sensor should be triggering a lot more alarms, but it's...

dbobeldyk by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,This is a basic question but I have to make sure. Will a PIX 506E support two logical interfaces along with it's two pysical interfaces? Also can I assign different DHCP scopes to the logical interfaces and the inside physical interfaces for the...

hi,Simple question really. I have a PIX515 and backup the config using an TFTP server. Now my question is can I restore the config on a 505? I'm not using the DMZ interface on the 515. This is purely for a quick backup solution in case of a crash. Le...

pj_mtl by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card